TracerPlus Connect 8.0 now offers a Live Mode that replaces the TracerPlus Wireless Server Software. The setup is similar to a Sync Profile however slightly different. Follow the instructions below to setup a Live Profile.
Settings in TracerPlus Desktop:
- Open the TracerPlus Desktop Project you are working with.
- From the Project Properties select TracerPlus Connect.
- Under Hosts, click the Add button and enter the IP Address or the Host Name of the PC that TracerPlus Connect will be running on.
- Under Live Sessions, click the Add button and select the Session you want to be live.
- Select the appropriate Host ID and then enter the Profile ID of the Live Profile defined in TracerPlus Connect (Explained below).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any session you wish to make Live.
- Deploy the project to your connected mobile device.
Settings in TracerPlus Connect:
- In a new or open project, select the Add Profile option in the Profile Explorer.
- Select Live Profile and then click the Folder icon to browse to your TracerPlus Desktop Project (.tpp) and link it.
- Click Create Profile and you should see all sessions listed for your project in the Session List.
- Also note the Profile ID to the left of the Profile Name. This is used in the TracerPlus Desktop settings above.
- Select the session you wish to configure and choose the data Type in the Live Datasource section.
- Configure Field Mappings as needed.
- In the Key Fields section click the Add button to add your Key Field(s). (This should be a unique combination of fields that are never duplicated)
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for each session.