The below procedure is useful for those that need to change a Microsoft Access ODBC Datasource in Windows that uses a mapped network drive to a Full UNC path for use with the TracerPlus Connect Windows Service. This is necessary as Windows Services have no knowledge of a mapped network drive being that they are user based. Please proceed with caution as this involves editing your Registry. PTS takes no responsibility for damages this may cause to your PC if done incorrectly.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit).
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI
- Select the datasource name you wish to edit.
- Double Click the DBQ option and edit the value data to the desired network or UNC path of your database. IE \\*PC Name or IP*\*sharename*\folder path\*.accdb.
- Close the registry editor and test your connection.
Note: Microsoft removed the ability to create a Microsoft Access ODBC Datasource that points to a mapped drive in Windows 10. The above procedure can also be used to point to an Access Database located on a Mapped Network Drive.