Using some Android devices deployment from TracerPlus Desktop may fail. Here are some steps to try and resolve the issue:
- Disconnect and restart the device.
- Make sure the device and its drivers have been correctly installed in Windows.
- Take a look in the Windows Device Manager to see if the device failed to load its drivers. If this is the case check with the maufacturer of the device for the required USB drivers.
- Check the connection settings on the Android device. Make sure the device is setup to connect as an MTP device. This can generally be found by swiping down from the top of the screen when a device is connected to the Windows PC. There will be a notification item describing the connection type. If it is set to PTP, change this to MTP and try the deployment again. (This may also appear as the "File Transfer" option)
If each of these options fail, you can also try deployment using the Android Debug Bridge. To use this method follow these steps:
- Download and install the Android Debug Bridge. You can find this from google or by installing the Android SDK.
- Turn on USB debugging in the Settings->Developer Options on the Android device (this may vary per device).
- Finally, change the deplyment type from the TracerPlus Desktop Deploy form the Android Debug Bridge, and try the deployment again.
For further deployment options please check out this article: https://support.tracerplus.com/article/119-deploying-projects-to-android-devices-tracerplus-8-and-up
Please sign in to leave a comment.