TracerPlus Connect version 8 and up now allows you to sync data based on a filter set on your TracerPlus enabled mobile device. This allows you to control which data gets synced at the time of sync. Folow the steps below to configure a Dynamic Filter.
TracerPlus Connect Settings:
- Select the Sync Process you want to apply this filter to.
- In the Source section select the Options tab.
- Under Source Filtering click the Add button to add a new filter.
- Note the ID as this will be used in our TracerPlus Desktop settings below.
- Select the Field you want to filter on.
- Select your Comparison Type.
- For Type select Dynamic. Value will default to (n/a) and does not need to be modified.
- Save your project.
TracerPlus Desktop Settings:
- Open your project and go to the Form Designer.
- Add a Button control to your form.
- Select the newly added Button and name it as necessary.
- Under Button Action select DoSync.
- Set your SyncHostID and SyncProfileID.
- Click the Browse button in the Sync Filters section.
- Click the Add button to add a filter.
- Enter the Profile ID for the profile being used in TracerPlus Connect.
- Enter the Process ID for the Sync Process this filter was added to above.
- Enter the Filter ID that we noted in the TracerPlus Connect settings above.
- Select the Field in TracerPlus that will be used to filter the sync.
- Deploy your project.
- Enter data to your filter field on the device and press this Sync button to test.