If you are a user of Windows 10 and Windows Mobile by now you have likely run into an issue syncing after the Windows "Creator's Update" (build 1703). This build birthed a bug that has prevented syncing of for many users with Windows Mobile/Embedded/CE Devices.
Here is a video in which PTS covered the subject:
Operating Systems Affected:
- Windows 10 (all versions) build 1703 - the "Creators Update"
- Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.x
- Windows Mobile 5 & 6
- Windows CE 5, 6 & 7
Users are unable to sync between Windows 10 PC and Windows Mobile/Embedded/CE devices. It can affect ALL Windows Mobile devices.
Recently Windows 10 was updated to build 1703, called the Creators Update), and this update has rendered Windows Mobile Device Center completely unusable for some users. There is currently no Microsoft authorized solution to this issue, but below in this article are some of PTS's current solutions to this issue. It is pertinent to note that Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows Mobile Device Center, although it will continue to function, particularly on older versions of Windows. If you have not yet updated your Windows 10 Machine to build 1703 we suggest delaying the update if your work requires Windows Mobile Device Center to function.
- If WM Devices don't install when using USB: https://tracerplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050831593-Windows-7-Vista-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center-WMDC-will-not-load-run
- If you are having device connectivity issues with WMDC: https://tracerplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050830933-Improve-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center-Stability-and-connectivity-issues-in-Windows-10
- If WMDC won't start: https://tracerplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050831173-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center-Stopped-Running-in-Windows-10
Article is closed for comments.