Scan-to-Pair is an exclusive TracerPlus 10.5 feature for iOS devices. This enables iOS users to connect a Bluetooth enabled barcode scanner (such as the Zebra CS60) to an appliance like an iPhone or iPad for enterprise-class scanning.
Before configuring, please confirm that your devices are compatible:
- Supported iOS devices
- Any device running iOS 9 or higher
- Supported Bluetooth Scanners
- Zebra CS6080 MFI Models
- Zebra RFD90 Sled
- Zebra RFD40 Sled
- Zebra RFD8500 Sled
- Any Zebra Bluetooth Scanner supporting MFI
How to Enable Scan-to-Pair with TracerPlus Desktop
- Open an existing form using the TracerPlus Desktop Form Designer
- Add a new “Button” control
- Note the Control ID of this newly added button in the Selected Control Properties on the right.
- Open the Form Logic dialog window by clicking the rightmost icon in the top toolbar. It is an icon of a scroll with a lightning bolt.
- Click the Add button on the left side to add a new rule and set it up as follows:
- Set Event to OnClick.
- Set Event Control (By ID) to the Control ID of the button.
- If/Conditions can be left blank.
- Set Action to CustomFunction.
- Action Controls (By ID) can be left at -1.
- Set Action Value to g_DeviceMgr.getPairingBarcode_Zebra();
- Click Done to close the Form Logic Window.
- Deploy the Updated project to your iOS device. Click “Build/Deploy” at the bottom left. Select your preferences, and a QR code should appear.
- Scan your project with your TracerPlus mobile client on your iOS device. Your new project should be downloaded.
Connecting Your iOS Device with a Companion Scanner
- Launch the TracerPlus client on your iOS device.
- Click on the session you added the Pair button to.
- Click the Pair button and you will be presented with a barcode to scan.
- Scan this barcode with your Bluetooth scanner and it will pair with the iOS device.
- If this is the first time pairing this scanner to the iOS device, you will be prompted to allow the connection.
- Once allowed, the scanner will automatically pair with your iOS device and the pairing dialog will close.
- You can now start scanning barcodes with the paired device.
Troubleshooting Scanner Issues:
- Scanner Not Pairing
- Make sure the Bluetooth scanner is in MFI mode.
- Try scanning the Pairing Barcode again.
- If the Pairing dialog does not go away within 10 seconds or so, you will hear a double beep indicating the pairing failed. During this time the scanner will be disabled.
- Pull the battery on the scanner and put it back in.
- This typically resolves most pairing issues if you are unable to pair the scanner.
- Fully Exit TracerPlus and come back in.
- The scanner will sometimes connect to another device nearby.
- Try scanning the Pairing Barcode again on the device you want it to connect to.
- Make sure TracerPlus has been logged out on other nearby devices, not in use.
Please sign in to leave a comment.