I can't get my Handheld device to HotSync when using the USB adapter
Posted by Joseph Kraebel on 28 October 2010 11:26 PM
The USB adapter gets installed on your PC as a serial port. During installation most users choose USB because it is connected to the USB port. |
Here is how to communicate via the USB adapter:
- Right click the Hotsync manager Icon located in the system Tray and notice the 4 connection types at the top of this menu.
- Place a check mark next to Local serial and remove the check mark from local USB.
- Right click the Hotsync manager again and choose setup.
- Go to the local tab and view the available Com Ports.
- The adapter will usually install as either Com 3 or Com 4 so chosse the appropriate port.(You can verify which com port the USB adapter was installed on by going into the device manager and expanding the ports section.
- After you make these changes perform a Hotsync and it should now work.