A Grid Control is useful on your form when dealing with lots of records and gives you the ability to filter down the results displayed. You can take this a step further by selecting an item in the grid once you find it and have it appear in the fields below. Follow the steps below to do this.
- In the Form Designer, add a grid to your form by clicking the Grid option on the left side of the form.
- On the right side of the top toolbar, click on the ID icon to reveal the ID of each field control.
- Click on the Grid, then under the Selected Control Properties window to the right, click on Data Options, and then click on the 3 dots (…). The grid control options window will appear.
- Add a column and rename it in the Appearance category of the properties grid.
- On the Binding Direction drop down, select ToControl.
- On the Bound Control line, type in the ID number of the field you want the grid to send this fields data to.
- On the Source Field drop down, select the field that you want the grid populate.
- Click Done
- Deploy your project to see your changes.
- You can bind multiple fields from a single grid or the binding of a single field can then trigger the lookup of info for other fields.
Please sign in to leave a comment.