TracerPlus PC requires a different method of configuring the email server settings vs the Android and iOS versions. To configure the email server, do the following:
- Close the TracerPlus PC application.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PTS\TracerPlus PC 10\Core and open the appsettings.json file in Notepad.
- Add the following snippet of text above the "projectpath": "" attribute. An example of this file is attached at the bottom of this article for reference.
"SmtpUsername" : "",
- Fill in the SmtpServer, SmtpPort, SmtpUsername, and SmtpPassword of the mail server you wish to use. Below is an example of this filled out using Gmail.
"SmtpUsername" : "email@example.com",
- Once this has been entered, save the file and re-launch TracerPlus PC.
Note: When using Gmail as your SMTP Server, you will most likely need to enable the Less Secure Apps in your Google account to allow the email to be sent from a 3rd party app like TracerPlus PC.