In order to configure a Zebra beacon, you'll need the proper software application available from Zebra for the initial setup. Download and install the correct setup tool for your beacons (standard or enhanced).
BLE TOOLBOX APPLICATION FOR ENHANCED BEACONS
BLE TOOLBOX APPLICATION FOR STANDARD BEACONS
To configure and provision the beacons you will need an Android device with an NFC scanner. Follow the steps below to setup your tool and configure your Zebra beacons.
- Install the Zebra BLE Toolbox APK onto an Android device.
- Tap the beacon so that the NFC reader on the device reads the beacon.
- Make settings changes as needed.
- This can include things such as iBeacon UUID, or the major and minor numbers, as well as beacon pinging intervals.
- Write to the beacon by clicking ‘Write’. Tap the NFC reader again.
- Wake the beacon by clicking 'Broadcast'. Tap the beacon again with the NFC reader.
- To put the beacon back to sleep, press the 'Sleep' button. Tap the beacon again with the NFC reader.