Data Driven Labels are a nice way to display information to the user without having to use a field box. These fields are not editable by the user and are for display purposes only. Follow the steps below for setting up a Data Driven Label.
- After your form has been created, select the field control that you want to use as the Data Driven Label.
- Delete this control by clicking the X (Delete).
- Add a new label control by clicking Label and then place it on your form.
- Change the Caption of the label so it makes more sense as to what it is.
- In the Selected Control Properties area, locate the Data section and notice the DataDriven option.
- Set this to True and then you will be able to select which SourceField this label should display.
- Select the desired field from this list and deploy to your mobile device.
Note: You can only display data for a given field once. Make sure you do not have both a Data Driven Label and Field control for a single field on your form.