THIS IS NO LONGER REQUIRED (ONLY) ON THE LATEST RELEASE OF
TRACERPLUS VERSION 10 (BUILD 1671 OR GREATER)
By default, using Zebra/Motorola Android barcode terminals send barcode scanned data over to TracerPlus as keyboard data. This prevents you from using some of the powerful features in TracerPlus including Barcode Type Validation and Smartform. You can now have these features enabled in TracerPlus by adding a TracerPlus profile to the built in DataWedge software. Follow the steps below to add this profile to your device:
- Open DataWedge, click the menu in upper right and click New Profile.
- Name the profile TracerPlus.
- Click on the new TracerPlus Profile to edit the settings.
- Profile should be Enabled.
- Click Associated apps then click the menu icon and New App/Activity.
- Locate and click on com.pts.tracerplus9 then click the * option.
- Click back button to return to profile settings.
- Make sure Barcode input is enabled.
- Make sure Intent Output is enabled.
- Under Intent Output, click on Intent action and enter com.pts.tracerplus.symbol.BARCODE then hit OK.
- Under Intent Output, click Intent category and enter android.intent.category.DEFAULT and then hit OK.
- Under Intent Output, click Intent delivery and select Broadcast intent.
- Disable all other wedge profiles and you should now be able to see scanned data as barcode data instead of keyboard data in TracerPlus.
Note: If you are using multiple devices, this profile can now be exported and then imported to the other devices using DataWedge Settings (Click the menu icon on main profiles page then Settings).
Please sign in to leave a comment.