Most Android devices are not equipped with a barcode scanner. TracerPlus enables users to utilize the device's built in camera to scan these barcodes. Follow the steps below to enable barcode scanning using the camera:
- The field you intend to use should be set to a type of Text.
- In the Form Designer, select the field control you wish to enable bar code scanning for.
- In the Selected Control Properties to the right, change the Input Type to Barcode.
- Deploy the Project to your device.
- When focus gets set to this field, the camera will automatically launch in barcode scanning mode.
- Place the barcode in the window shown on the device.
- You should hear a confirmation beep when successfully decoded (This may vary based on device).
Note: Using the camera for barcode scanning is only recommended for light to moderate use. For high volume scanning, we recommend pairing your device to a Bluetooth enabled 1D or 2D scanner. Contact PTS or your authorized reseller for more information on Bluetooth scanners you can pair with Android devices.
Please sign in to leave a comment.