This is a hardware related issue that may be resolved by any of the following actions:
- Make sure the appropriate syncing software is installed to the PC. (Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 / Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Update)
- Warm boot the device.
- Cold Boot the device.
- Clean boot the device. (Motorola Only)
- Try different USB ports.
- Try different Cradle/cable.
- Try connecting to a different PC.
- If you have a device with Windows Mobile/Embedded 6 and up you can navigate to Start-->Settings-->Connections-->USB to PC and try checking/unchecking the box.
If none of these resolve your connection issues, you will need to contact the hardware manufacturer directly to further assist in troubleshooting the issue.