To move an existing TracerPlus Connect instance from an old server/computer to a new server/computer and no longer use the old server/computer, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you will need to do is transfer the TracerPlus Connect registration, and to do so we will need the Old PC ID of the old server/computer and the New PC ID of the new server/computer so we can give you the new code and the appropriate instructions.
- Export the current TracerPlus Connect config from the old server/computer and this will create a .tce file. Get this file over to the new server/computer.
- Setup the new server/computer so everything is in the same location as it was in the old server/computer, including Windows Data source and the TracerPlus Desktop project. If you haven't done this on the old server/computer already I would save your TracerPlus Desktop project to a folder on the C: Drive and then replicate this folder on the new server/computer with the same project folders/files.
- Once the DSN has been created and the desktop project has been copied to the new folder, open Connect on the new server/computer and choose File-->Import-->Close Current Project and browse to that .tce file.
- If everything was set up the same as the previous server everything should come in correctly.
- Register TracerPlus Connect.
- Update all devices which were synced with the old TracerPlus Connect server with the new server hostname/IP.
- Enjoy your newly set-up server/computer!