The TracerPlus Connect event log can be a helpful tool when diagnosing a problem with your sync configuration, and can be located by going to View -> Event Log -> Open Log in Connect. Below are a number of common errors, along with the potential causes for them:
"Invalid PROFILE Index selected in Begin Sync request. Please verify the requested PROFILE Index"
- No profile has been set on the sync button, or trying to sync a non-existent profile. Check your do sync buttons and see if the profile you are trying to sync exists.
"A column named '(Column Name)' already belongs to this DataTable."
- The Same field is mapped twice in your field mappings.
"the operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets"
- Connection timed out / Connection was lost. Try increasing the duration before time out in Tools - > Preferences in Connect, or make sure your connection is stable.
" Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
- Sync buttons on form may be configured incorrectly, also could be connection timed out / connection was lost. Try increasing the duration before time out in Tools - > Preferences in Connect, or make sure your connection is stable.
Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
- Another timeout. This may be related to the size of the data you are syncing or the destination you are syncing to. Again try increasing duration before time out.
"Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"
- Connect is unable to sync because the port is already in use. You may have 2 instances of TracerPlus Connect open.
"ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"
- Mismatch between x86 vs. 64 bit ODBC, may not be correctly created in 32 bit ODBC.
"Input string was not in a correct format."
- Typically means wrong type of data (date, number, text, etc) was being synced to a column in the database that rejected it. Not always indicative if syncing FROM a database.
- "Worksheet not released. Already null."
- Occurs with Excel when you are trying to sync, but Excel is open already in the background. Completely close Excel and attempt to sync again.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column '(column name), table '(table name)'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
- Error caused by attempting to insert null data into a column in the database that must be non-null.