Scan-to-Sync is a new feature enabling users to simply scan a QR code created by TracerPlus Connect to sync your TracerPlus data with the host’s information contained within this QR code. This allows for ease of connectivity between your handheld data and a backend database or system.
Below are instructions on how to enable and use this feature.
How to Setup the Scan to Sync Button:
- Open your TracerPlus Desktop project and navigate to the Connect section of the Project tab under Project Explorer.
- Under the Hosts tab, click the “+” button to add a new host.
- Note the Host ID for later use.
- Enable the Scan QRCode
- Enable the Save Host checkbox if you wish to save the host information after the first scan of the QR code.
- Add a new “Button” control to an existing form using the Form Designer.
- Under the Selected Control Properties, set the Button Action to DoSync.
- Set the SyncHostID to the newly added host above in Step 2.
- Set the SyncProfileID to the Profile in Connect you wish for this button to Sync.
- Save the project.
- Deploy the updated project to your device.
Using the Scan to Sync feature:
- Open your TracerPlus Connect project and navigate to the Synchronize
- Click the Scan-to-Sync barcode located on the left side under Profile Explorer. If you are using the TracerPlus Connect Windows Service, this barcode can be brought up by right-clicking the TracerPlus Connect Tray Icon and selecting Scan-2-Sync.
- This will pull up the QR Code to be scanned by the device looking to sync and contains the Host IP, port number, and project name.
- Launch TracerPlus on your device and open the session that has the newly added Sync button.
- Click the Sync button and you will be prompted to Scan QR Code to Sync.
- Scan the QR Code showing in TracerPlus Connect.
- This will close the dialog window and perform the sync.
Notes on Scan to Sync:
- If you did not enable the Save Host option, clicking this button again requires you to scan the barcode each time a sync is done.
- If Save host is enabled, all subsequent syncs will be done to the host/port from the original QR Code scan. If you wish to sync to a different Host, simply click the QR Code icon on the sync button and scan the new QR Code.
- The Host Address can be changed on the QR Code dialog window, and can also be saved by clicking the Save QR Code This can then be emailed and is useful if you are looking to send sync info to remote users so that they can simply open this barcode, and Scan to Sync without being in front of the PC/Server running the Connect software.
- Connect PC/Server configuration. The PC may have more than one network interface resulting in multiple IP Addresses. For example, a laptop may be connected to the internal network via an ethernet connection, but also connected to WiFi to access a Guest network for internet connectivity. In most cases, TracerPlus Connect should listen on the internal network connection. The QR Code generated by TracerPlus Connect will default to the PC/Server’s default network connection. If the sync is failing, check the Host Address drop down menu to ensure it is set to the correct IP Address, then scan the barcode again. Make sure that the IP address of your handheld device and host device are on the same subnet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.