Before you can use the Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth RFID reader with an Android device and TracerPlus there are a few things that need to be done. The first is to set the Bluetooth mode correctly using the Zebra tool, 123 Scan. Secondly, you will need to pair the device using the Bluetooth settings on your Android mobile device. Lastly, configure the RFID settings you require in your TracerPlus Desktop project.
Configuring the Bluetooth mode using Zebra 123 Scan:
- Download and install Zebra 123 Scan from the Zebra website.
- Connect the Zebra RFD8500 to your PC via a micro USB cable.
- Open Zebra 123 Scan
- Select Actions-View USB Scanners, and double click on the scanner.
- Select the General Settings and Click Edit.
- In the Bluetooth category make sure the Bluetooth Profile Mode is set to 'Serial Port and Mfi Combo'.
- Finally, click Load To Scanner.
Pair with your Android mobile device:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android phone.
- Search for devices, when the RFD8500 appears in the list click on it.
- While the Android device is attempting to pair, click the trigger on the Zebra RFD8500.
- If Successful you should hear a chime on the RFD8500
Setting up your RFID settings in TracerPlus Desktop:
- Open your TracerPlus Desktop project and for each session, you would like to use the RFD8500, select the Data Capture Settings, and turn on RFID.
- For detailed instructions on all of the RFID settings in TracerPlus take a look at our training videos and some sample projects on our solution center.
When using the RFD8500 and TracerPlus, it is important to have the device paired and turned on before you enter TracerPlus. This is because TracerPlus only connects with the device when first starting, and if it doesn't find the device it will not be usable until you re-enter.
Article is closed for comments.