TracerPlus-RFID currently has native compatibility with the following RFID devices and Sleds:
- Zebra MC333R and MC339R.
- MC333xR and MC339xR (TracerPlus 10.4 and above).
- Zebra TC21/26 or Zebra EC50/55 w/ the Zebra RFD40 Standard RFID Sled using eConnex Adaptor (TracerPlus 10.4 and above).
- Zebra RFD40 Premium and Premium Plus Bluetooth RFID Sleds when paired with Android and iOS devices (TracerPlus 10.5 and above).
- Zebra RFD90 Bluetooth RFID Sleds when paired with Android and iOS devices (TracerPlus 10.5 and above).
- Zebra TC20 w/ Zebra RFD2000 Sled.
- Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth RFID Sleds when paired with Android and iOS devices.
- TSL RFID and Barcode Readers, including the 2128, 2128P, 2128L, 2166 - Available in TracerPlus 10.6.
- Honeywell IH40 - Available in TracerPlus 10.6.1
- Alien ALR-H460.
- Microsensys PENSolid UHF and HF scanners when paired with an Android device.
When utilizing a non-supported RFID device you will need a device specific application sometimes known as an RFID wedge, or scan wedge. This needs to be running in the background to support the RFID Scanner on the device in order to scan RFID tags into TracerPlus forms. Smart form RFID events will not be usable within a TracerPlus form and using a RFID Wedge also makes it impossible to use the InputType: RFID in a field as TracerPlus considers RFID Wedge to be akin to a keyboard. Please Note: Some other features such as Geiger are not available when using a wedge.
The RFID wedge setup instructions should be available in the device's user guide.
- RFID Wedge must be on to scan RFID.
- Smart Form RFID events will not be usable.
- Input Type: RFID is not a usable field setting.
- The Geiger feature will not work.
- Will not be able to Write to the Tag's EPC or User Memory banks.