Follow the instructions below to move your copy of TracerPlus Wireless Server from one PC to another:
On the old PC:
- Note the PC ID by going to Tools-->Registration.
- Save the contents of the C:\Program Files\PTS\TracerPlus Wireless Server 7\SystemInfo\System folder to somewhere safe.
- Note the Data Source name (DSN) used as this same name will need to be created on the new PC.
- Uninstall TracerPlus Wireless Server from this PC.
On the new PC:
- Install TracerPlus Wireless Server.
- Create a DSN on this PC that matches that of the old pc.
- Copy the contents of the files saved above in step 2 to the C:\Program Files\PTS\TracerPlus Wireless Server 7\SystemInfo\System folder overwriting the existing.
- Start Wireless Server and you should see that your configuration has successfully ported over.
- Go to Tools-->Registration and Note the PC ID.
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a license transfer with the following info:
- Old PC ID
- New PC ID
- Reason for the move
- Once the new code has been received register the new PC.