The MT2090 supports Wifi functionality but does not support persistent wireless configuration by default. This means that when the device is powered down, or runs out of battery the Wireless configuration settings will not be saved when the device is booted again. To save your wireless configuration on the MT2090 even if the device is powered off follow the steps below:
- First, enter the config section of the MT2090.
- Now select the Wireless Companion to launch the wireless settings window.
- Once launched navigate to the Options selection by using the D pad on the device. This will open the Options dialog on the device. Press right on the D pad until the Export section appears. Here is where we will export the configuration files so that they will remain on the device even after it has been powered off.
- Press Tab to select the Export Options button. This will launch a Save as popup. Make sure to save the default file name to the \Application directory of the device.
- Once the options have been exported and saved, now it is time to export the Wireless profiles. Select the Export profiles button to launch another Save as window. Once again save the default file name to the \Application directory of the device.
- With both files exported, select and use the Save button to save these settings. After saving remove the battery from the device then replace it to test if your wireless settings have saved.